No Bullshit Grits
Yield 6 servings | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup of purple rice grits
- 5 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bunch of scallions, washed and thinly sliced (both greens and whites)
- 1 cup of very sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in grits and reduce to simmer. Add lemon juice.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until grits begin to soften and water absorbed.
- Once grits are softened, stir in cheese, scallions, and season to taste
Coined and created by Chef Trey Hartinger | Photo by Lindsay Meyer